516arts show update

Posted on | 2/7/11 | No Comments

I contacted Rhiannon Mercer, the assistant director of 516arts and told her of my interest in helping to set up this show and specifically with Pepon if possible. She is making up the schedule today and I will definitely be participating with set up in some way although I don't yet know if I will meet or work with Pepon personally. I will try to get some kind of interview with him if at all possible. Excuse my fan girl behavior but I'm super excited :D
I will keep you all informed of everything that happens. Here is some of Pepon's art for you to enjoy in the mean time.

Image of Amalia Mesa-Bains piece for the show from 516arts website

 "Drowned in a Glass of Water," 2010. Photo credit: Charles Giuliano From art:21
 Textos Entretejidos 2004, the installation workshop I participated in.
 "My Beating Heart" 2000 image from The Art Blog
 "La bicicleta" 1985 Photo by Tony Velez on PBS
 "La Cama" 1987 image from AUCA150Art
and my favorite, "Lonely Soul" 2008 photo by Pepon Osorio

Comments